Notes in 9 – adding a jQuery library to your XPage – 100th Post

Today marks the release of my third Notes in 9 video entitled Adding a jQuery library to your XPage. I am always talking about how quick and easy it is to find and add a jQuery plugin to an XPage and in this video I have tried to demonstrate that. This video is in addition to my previous post on the trunk8 plugin

The Notes in 9 video can be found here

In less than 15 minutes I:

  • show the plugin homepage (trunk8)
  • download the library
  • add the library files to my database
  • add the files as a resource to my XPage
  • configure the plugin using Firebug
  • add the plugin code to my XPage
  • finish

This blog post is here for questions/comments and general discussion if anyone feels like it 🙂

It is also my 100th blog post – thanks to Dave Leedy without who’s support I don’t think I would be where I am today.

Notes In 9 - Drive to 99
Notes In 9 – Drive to 99

Code Snippets

The code snippets can be found here

Video Notes and code snippets

Advertisements

New demo site URL – http://demo.xomino.com

With the help of David Leedy I now have my own domain bound URL for the jQuery in XPages demos and my play demonstration pages.

http://demo.xomino.com

thanks Dave !!!

 

Update

Apologies to all who went to the http://www.demo.xomino.com site #Fail

 

Nin9 TypeAhead Demo

Today marks the release of my first video for Notes in 9. It has been my absolute pleasure to work with David Leedy on this project and I really hope that people find it useful. This blog entry is intended for my side-notes and also to provide a spot for any questions/comments.

Here’s a link to the video 🙂

Side Notes

This came about after my blog article on Adding a “working” visual indicator to the XPages TypeAhead. David approached me because he thought it would make a great Nin9 video. The original article was written from code on an 8.5.2 server and when I went to make the video on my 8.5.3 server I found that the HTML code generated for the type ahead was different any my code was “broken”.

As i said at the start of the original article, this is not bullet proof because you are always at the risk of this happening because we are manipulating the HTML created by the server. When IBM release 8.5.3 they upgraded dojo to 1.6 from 1.4 and the way the dijit comboxbox works had changed from one version of dojo to another, so IBM had to adapt.

The code in the example will work for 8.5.3 and 8.5.2 however because of the beauty of using the dojo.query. The 8.5.2 version is less complex and a couple of the lines in the addVisual() function are irrelevant. Because we are working with the dojo.query selector, and it find nothing to action on in the 8.5.2 HTML code, it does nothing – and most importantly fails over gracefully!!

Hope you enjoy the video 🙂

Marky