Last week I attended MWLUG 2015 in sweaty Atlanta, GA and had a great time. I wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to Richard Moy, Lisa and Darren Duke, Ray, Tony, Ulrich and everyone who contributed to a great conference. There is a significant amount of effort which goes into the conference as Richard explains. What people also do not appreciate is that Richard is personally in the hole for the conference costs unless the conference is a success. I don’t think there are many of us who would be able to do that, let alone have the balls to do it.
My personal highlights:
- Speaking with Ryan Baxter on Bluemix and XPages. Being able to show a drone being controlled from an XPage (and it works in XPiNC as well) was and probably always will be, the coolest XPages demo ever🙂
- Seeing two new speakers who I have encouraged in the past (Shean and Steve Z) actually take up the challenge, do it really well, and thoroughly enjoy themselves. New Addicts are born.
- Shean McManus proudly announcing that he is moving jobs to start working at PSC
- Drinking beer at a session for the first time ever – yes seriously the first time ever – (thanks Eric and ultimately Rob Novak)
- Meeting Csaba finally. I was very touched that he said to me that the reason he came to the conference was to listen to me speak. That’s really cool and very humbling!!
- Meehans, how convenient and a fantastic way to encourage dialog
- Pete Janzen, for so many things which brought a smile to my face🙂
- Spending time with Kathy, Brad, Eric, Steve, Richard and everyone else involved at the conference
- and everything else I forgot……
thank you all🙂