This how does it work article is a follow on from the original jQuery in XPages #1 – Highcharts and goes into depth as to how the functionality was created and how you can modify it yourself.
Be fore-warned this is quite dry and not for the faint of heart, but hopefully will provide a good insight and understanding.
How does this work?
This Highchart demonstration is made up of the following design elements
- xFruit (the container XPage)
- Custom Controls (where all the hard work is done)
- commonContainer (overall look an feel using the oneuiv2 example layout @ OpenNTF)
- formFruit (basic form and viewPanel)
- drawHighchart (charting capability)
- Highchart (extends oneuiv2)
- Fruit (data source for the viewPanel)
- Fruit (data container)
To avoid making this article long(er than it already is) I am going to focus just on the drawHighchart custom control and the Highchart…
View original post 802 more words